The Branch Manager is responsible for the development, growth, profitability, and smooth operation of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume overall responsibility for sales growth and profitable operations.
- With the Regional Manager or Owner, participate in the development and updating of a marketing plan for the branch.
- Conduct all marketing activities as prescribed by the current marketing plan.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and manage all sales, installation and administrative staff. Ensure their compliance with all Company policies and procedures. Assess performance and take appropriate action as necessary regarding performance and conduct issues. Provide training and assistance.
- Ensure the successful completion of installations.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Meet or exceed sales projections.
- Manage inventory, maintain stocking levels, insure security, and supervise accurate counts.
- Ensure vehicles, tools, and equipment in good working order according to scheduled servicing as well as meets state and insurance requirements.
- Review Daily and Weekly Reports prepared in prescribed formats, and initiate action plans as required.
- Ensure that all branch personnel perform their job duties in a safe manner and that they take all reasonable precautions to avoid work-related accidents. Hire only personnel that demonstrate an understanding of safe work practices and will commit to following the safety procedures of the company. Hold regular and frequent safety discussions and meetings to continually reinforce the safety message.
- Monitors branch spending and ensure proper allocation of resources. Reviews documents prior to authorization and ensures accuracy of documents submitted for payment.
- Ensure accounts receivables are collected in a timely manner and that accounts payables are submitted with the proper documentation for payment.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and orally with internal/external customers, staff and co-workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or GED or equivalent education required.
- Demonstration of managerial and leadership skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of computer workstations and peripheral equipment; knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Communication Skills – Be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
EMPLOYMENT AT WILL POLICY
Employment is voluntarily entered into, and employees are free to resign at will at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, the company may terminate the employment relationship at will at any time, with or without notice or cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is requently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk; balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The work environment consists of indoor heated and cooled office space.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Participates in meetings and able to develop and maintain relationships
- Written Communication – Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals, values, and code of ethics.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Changes approach or methods to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
NATURE OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements made in this job description are not intended to create a contract. The job description should not be construed to constitute contractual obligations of any kind or a contract of employment.