The Bookkeeper is responsible for coordinating inventory and purchasing activities, accounts payable, accounts receivables, preparing personnel actions, processing payroll, maintaining files and records, bookkeeping, and assisting management as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivables. Contacts customers delinquent in payments and initiates collection process after consultation with Branch Manager. Tracks payment receipt from financing companies and customers with whom payment arrangements have been made. Ensures financing company payments (Wells Fargo and American General) are processed
- Accounts Payable include the processing of all accounts payable transactions including bills, and credit card charges ensuring accuracy of each bill.
- Ensures bills are not overpaid and contacts vendors regarding finance charges and late fees. Follows up on checks not received. Ensures proper documentation is attached to all payables prior to submittal.
- Processes payroll ensuring that commissions and hours are accurate, appropriate service calls are deducted, PTO is accurately reflected, hourly rates are correct and other deductions are made. Signs and submits payroll to manager for approval and then transmits to regional office.
- Reconcile and monitor monthly vendor statements and accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare financial reports and administrative reports (e.g. Weekly Aging report, Weekly MRI Cash Collection Summary, Weekly and Monthly A/R Report, staff directory, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring employees acknowledge receipt of equipment, cell phones, company vehicles, clothing, etc.
- Maintains inventory of cell phones and portable equipment.
- Reviews EOIs and enters orders into BF Retail and Navision. Prior to ordering inventory, checks for availability at shop and ensures transfers of stock are submitted to regional office. Accepts inventory and ensures receipt of items.
- Performs and/or assists in performing inventory of stock. Enter inventory.
- Ensures timely payment of fees and renewal of registration or leases.
- Maintains files and records.
- Processes in branch HR related documents (Background, drug test, application for employment, I-9, health insurance, etc)
- Answering phones and assisting customer with leads, and service call issues.
- Daily banking for depositing payments received for the day and reconciling cash receipt journal.
- Maintain petty cash fund and ensure accurate reconciliation of account.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write letters and prepare other documents as needed. Proofreads work.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of computer workstations and peripheral equipment; Proficient in usage of database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Communication Skills — Be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
EMPLOYMENT AT WILL POLICY
Employment is voluntarily entered into, and employees are free to resign at will at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, the company may terminate the employment relationship at will at any time, with or without notice or cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is requently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk; balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The work environment consists of indoor heated and cooled office space.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Participates in meetings and able to develop and maintain relationships
- Written Communication – Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals, values, and code of ethics.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Changes approach or methods to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
NATURE OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements made in this job description are not intended to create a contract. The job description should not be construed to constitute contractual obligations of any kind or a contract of employment.